Home made bread crumbs


Baguette is something we always need to have when making pasta. So every time I buy the fresh baguette from the bakery section I always try to get the small size. But that is still a lot for 2 people.
Sometimes I use up next day and make bruschetta. Then there days when it sits there for 2 days and end up throwing it sometimes.

This quick trick has helped me from not throwing or forcing myself to make something next day. So take the left over baguette cut it in medium size slices and heat it in the oven at 150F for about 10-15 minutes (depending on the size of course!). When cooled a little grind these pieces in a blender. And your home made bread crumbs are ready. Place these in an air tight container and place them in the refrigerator. You can add some basil powder, Italian seasoning, oregano, salt to make Italian bread crumbs. This can be used for in making eggplant parmesan, baked ziti.  

Comments

Popular Posts